can also generate PDF files. Additionally, it can display and print PDF documents being
generated, with full programmatic control over
- Fully object-oriented programming
- Support of Unicode (CJK
- Support of right-to-left writing.
- Tables with automatic layout.
- Support of Web-based architecture (ActiveX
API only, to be used in ASP pages).
- Generation of PDF forms.
- Interactive and multimedia
- Protection and encryption (RC4 encryption
algorithm with 40- or 128-bit keys).
- Plain, rich and
composite texts with full justification.
- Raster and vector
- Comprehensive Programmer's Manual.
Special color spaces
Advanced drawing features with clipping paths
Support of PDF/A (the ISO long-term archiving
Special compression schemes (LZW, Jpeg 2000, CCITT
Tables bound to DBMS data fields
Additional image formats (multiframe GIF, multiframe TIFF, JPEG 2000)
- Digital signature and time-stamping
- Public-key encryption (i.e. using
Features specific to the DLL API
The features detailed above concern
PDF In-The-Box version 4. They apply to
the ActiveX and Delphi APIs.
At the moment, the DLL API is still
available in version 3 only. So, it doesn't offer all
the features listed above.